Sunday 29 July 2012

Harvest

Remember my herb garden?
Well, it was extremely productive this year. Almost every basil seed I planted has been productive -- some of them a little less so than the others. I have already made three batches of pesto and just harvested a whole zip lock bagful to freeze for later. Should I make basil ice-cream? It seems to be everywhere these days!

The methi (fenugreek) on the other hand, I mostly forgot about, until I could smell its fragrance every time passed by. When I realized why it was, it was already too late. The plants had bolted and started to make seeds!




And this is what I harvested in the end. I have decided to let all the plants go to seed and harvest them for the next round of sowing!



It would be good to see of these guys germinate.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: