Sunday 15 May 2011

Today's Harvest -- Photographically Speaking


I noticed that there is nothing going on in my garden in May other than azaleas and rhodys. May be by next year I will find something to remedy this situation. Meanwhile here are a few photos of what's going on in my garden.


The bed in the front yard is doing ok, although the large ever green (juniper?) needs some pruning and my pruning shear got stuck yesterday in the "close" position! Oh well! The grass needs mowing and probably freshening up a little.


The irises haven't been eaten down to the ground!
On the positive side, the irises have not been eaten to the ground in my front yard and seem to at least have a few buds going. The day-lilies that I bought this year seem to be taking off ok. the lavenders that I transplanted from a raised bed that I am restructuring seem to be doing ok as well.

up close and personal -- rhody 

The rhodys are reliable and going strong. I do need to tighten my snaps better. The lens did not let me get closer than this.

Purple Smoke tree that has never once smoked!



This purple smoke tree is better photographed in the sun. For some reason it has never smoked. Not once. It did make buds one year and looked like it would get all smoky, but for some reason those "buds" wilted. This was a few years ago and I never got to see even those buds again!

Who are these guys? 
Walking around my house, trying to photograph everything that looked remotely interesting, I came across these guys. Don't know what they are, but they look nice, up close. Not much of a statement from afar.


But they sure look beautiful with the raindrops dripping from them!


row of burning bushes
These burning bushes were bought for the front yard. They never had a chance there with the deer eating them to the bones. So I planted them in a row in the backyard. They have grown really well, but despite being planted in a sunny spot, they don't seem to burn all that much. They just manage to blush a little in the fall.

a world in a drop

Speaking of rain, it does make everything look so beautiful and fresh! Here is the closest I could get to a raindrop on a hosta leaf.

more of the rain soaked rhody
And here is the final snap of the day -- one more shot of a rain soaked rhody.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: