A dessert that at least has some protein! Or a Sunday breakfast.
Unfortunately, it was too good to bother with clicking picks ;)
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares of dark chocolate -- at least 70% cocoa. I used 85%
- 3 handful berries -- fresh or frozen
- 1 pod cardamom
- some fresh squeezed orange juice
- some lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk them
- Open the cardamom pod and grind out the stuff inside. Add it to the eggs.
- Heat a flat pan, grease it with either butter or your choice of fat.
- Pour the eggs in.
- Cook both sides until done and plate it.
- Melt the square of dark chocolate until it liquefies. (If you are too lazy to do this, you can also just put the dark chocolate on the freshly made crepe and fold it so it melts in the heat)
- Pour the melted chocolate onto one half of the crepe you just made.
- In another pot add the orange juice, lime juice, salt and the berries and gently heat
- Use only enough juices to make the berries "come together" but not so much that the mixture becomes runny
- Spoon this mixture into the melted chocolate side of the crepe.
- Fold over and enjoy!
- If you want more sugar you could add stevia or sugar to the berry "reduction"
- You can also use pectin to thicken
- If you want compote consistency, you could use -- well, compotes!
- Another way to make things sweeter is to add a ripe banana or dates
- If you want chocolaty-er, just melt more chocolate!
- Compote recipes:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.