Thursday 27 September 2012

Unexpected Harvest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Every year my compost bin hosts a tomato plant. Every year the little tomatos would be nibbled to oblivion by the not so little ground hogs. This year, I did not clear the grass growing around my compost bin and it had grown over the anaemic golden mop. Today I cleared out the grass and guess what I found?


Amazingly there were two completely ripe tomatos that were not eaten by ground hogs. Unfortunately, they were so worm infested, they went straight back into the bin again.







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

varsha said...

ecosystem rules : hog catching sounds like an interesting sport ?

Agnija Bharathi said...

It is an unending sport. Actually, unwinnable sport! :)