Sunday 4 September 2011

Spider-Pumpkin 2011 is here

The pumpkin on the patch sat chatting up the rose,
Down came a spider and poked pumpkin's nose.
"Aaargh!", said pumpkin, "that's not fair!"
"Oh!", shrugged the evil spider, "I don't care."
(with apologies to whoever wrote the nursery rhyme "piggy on the railway, picking up stones".)

And thus was born the mutant spider-pumpkin of 2011. For a photo journey of the making of the pumpkin see this page.
Here is the rest of the metamorphosis.
We are ANGRY!



Closer look at some of the textures
The painted and sealed pumpkin:


Oh what has this pumpkin been eating!!


Close up some textures:



This guy can get nasty (painting was still in progress):


Once this coat of sealant dries, I can get a front picture of him.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

12 comments:

Harish P I said...

Scary.. :)

varsha said...

WOW !!! You are so creative Agnija !!
This is just awesome.And the rhyme is just rightly silly for the creation.Wish you were near and I could have taken my kids around to show them this fascinating stuff.My daughter loves to do this,and is exasperated by my clumsiness. Me is truly hopeless at it.

varsha said...

"The pumpkin on the patch sat chatting up the rose"
reminds me of someone Brilliant.

Agnija Bharathi said...

Disqus is giving me some problems. Comments that show up in my inbox are just not showing up here!

Agnija Bharathi said...

Who may that be?

Agnija Bharathi said...

aptlicily? :)
It would be fun if we were near each other. I would have someone to stop me slacking off from workouts! :)

Pumpkinabbey said...

I like the colors on this a lot!

joshi daniel said...

nice creativity!

Agnija Bharathi said...

Thanks, Pumpkinabbey!

Agnija Bharathi said...

Thank you!

skwirl said...

You know I am in love with this creepy creation! Nice blog too!

Agnija Bharathi said...

Thanks Skwirl!