Presenting the tofu kofta.
Inspired by: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2009/04/23/cabbage-kofta/
What you need:
1/2 a medium cabbage
2 packets extra firm tofu
3 green chillies
3 pods of garlic
1.5 inch piece of ginger mashed
1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds ground up
oil of choice (I used Coconut oil)
chili powder to taste
- Shred the cabbage
- chop the green chilies finely
- mash up the ginger and garlic
- grate the extra firm tofu in a food processor or a hand grater
- mix all of the above with 1 cup besan, salt, ground cumin, turmeric, chili powder and a little oil
- It will look something like this
- Heat oven to 350 F
- On a large baking tray, spread some aluminum foil and grease it with a little oil
- Arrange the kofta balls and slide it in the oven
- Cook until done. Time depends on the oven. It took me nearly 45 minutes. Next time, I might set the oven temperature to 375.
- Should look like this when done:
- Enjoy with either the traditional kofta sauce or in a pita with other veggies, like a falafel; or just eat it as is!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.