Saturday 14 August 2010

Apple-Blueberry-Spinach Green Smoothie

I wanted a good smoothie this morning. Since I read that ginger could help in reducing post-work out soreness, I decided to incorporate it into the smoothie. Wanted something different than my usual, so decided that blueberries will go in first since I had a lot of fresh blue berries in the fridge. Realized that I had to use up my spinach soon since it was already nearing wilt-shire! Read somewhere that cinnamon was good at regulating blood sugar levels. But then, cinnamon is paired with apples and thus was born today's green smoothie. Blend the following!


2 handfuls blueberries

1/2 a pink lady apple

1 Tblsp golden flax seed

1/2 inch piece of ginger

1 handful spinach

1/2 a cup water

1 tsp cinnamon


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: