Sunday 9 June 2013

Old Light Fixture = New Planter

Follow Me on Pinterest

So last year, I had a brainwave about what to do with the glass enclosures of a couple of old light fixtures. I even turned one into a makeshift birdbath, with plans for making it more permanent and better looking.

This year though, I decided to turn it into this:


I started with the glass light fixture and removed the center decorative part. This gave me essentially a glass bowl with a hole in the center. 

Filled the center part with some large pebbles from the craft store (on second thoughts, I should have used the dollar stone pebbles for the bottom, and kept the prettier craft store version for the top).


Filled it up with my favorite succulents, sprinkled some water and voila!


I have a pretty little succulent garden for my family room octagonal table.





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

5 comments:

varsha said...

pretty pretty ! love <3

Agnija Bharathi said...

Thank you, thank you.. I really have to get my real camera out and take better pics, I guess!

Panel Processing Machines said...

I also love gardening..

Gauri Pal said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing

Agnija Bharathi said...

Glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by.